Monday, August 16

I feel like a new man . . . .

Figured I'd go out for a ride on Saturday and see how I felt. Plan was to Carlsbad Starbucks and back. Only I went to a different Starbucks. Del Mar! So after rides of 12 and 16 miles I stepped up to 35. The new bike feels great and I'm sooooo happy I'm riding again. All I need to do now is find the time to ride more often. I hope to be able to do over 100 miles per week by the end of the month, with at least 50 milers each month. Maybe I'll be ready to ride Tucson this year - I have an invite to ride with some friends if I feel up to it.
Spoke to a guy at the bike store about tandems and Helen and I may be venturing into the market for one very soon. I reckon it's the best way for us to go riding because when we ride our own bikes, I end up doing way more miles than her and it's not really much fun. We rode a friend's tandem last year and really enjoyed it so you never know . . . .

No comments: