Monday, July 26

New Job/ Neck Surgery

Settling down to my new job - getting used to working from home again has been a bit of a challenge but I'm avoiding the TV and the dogs by closing my office door and making calls and emailing people.
Enough about work. I used to be a real keen cyclist as a mentor for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. I have done 4 programs with them, and completed four 100+ mile rides with them (3 El Tour de Tucson and 1 America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride ). I had some nerve issues in my hands as time went on, and I eventually stopped riding for a while because of it. To cut a long story short, I ended up have neurosurgery in January of this year. A procedure called a Cervical Laminectomy. I have been recovering for some months now, and after watching the Tour de France every day for the past three weeks I figured it was time to get back out on my bike. So as of tomorrow morning, I will be riding again. My bike had been hung up in the garage for so long that a spoke nipple broke, so I have to swap wheelsets over so I can get out again.
It'll be a while before I can face a regular 65 mile ride on a Saturday, but I've been idle (and getting heavier) for too long . . . . .

No comments: