Thursday, September 9

Scots Wha Hae

Pleasanton was a blast. It was great to see over 800 pipers and drummers play in (almost) unison and also to hear over 30 fiddlers playing together. We saw Walfstone, probably the most successful Scottish folk rock group and other bands like Mollys Revenge and Tempest. We wandered around the Gathering of the Clans, and found that Helen is a member of Clan Lindsay (even though they didn't know how to pronounce her maiden name or where it originated). I, on the other hand, am clanless as far as I can see. I'm not going to lose sleep over it :-) No pictures to post however - I took about 35 minutes of video footage though so we do have some memories recorded.
Back to the grindstone this week as I continue to ramp up my knowledge of the toolset I work with/sell and I'm also in the midst of moving my office from one room to another in tha house (back to my old haunt above the garage).
Started reading a book by the Dalai Lama about self enlightenment. We'll see how that goes and I'll update if my mindset changes.

No comments: